Etelka Bogardi is a financial services regulatory lawyer based in Hong Kong.
Etelka advises international financial institutions, investment funds, intermediaries and insurance companies on compliance with regulatory laws. She is particularly familiar with financial services legislation, implementation, licensing and authorization issues, banking and intermediaries supervision and conduct matters, and cross-border regulatory issues (including co-operation with foreign and international supervisory bodies), as well as legal issues relating to the development of the financial infrastructure of Hong Kong. She also frequently works on FinTech and payment systems matters.
Etelka has over 10 years' experience working in Hong Kong, most recently as Senior Counsel at the Hong Kong Monetary Authority. She currently sits on the FinTech working group of the Asia Securities Industry & Financial Markets Association (ASIFMA) and provides frequent commentary to the press on regulatory issues.
- Advising a number of financial institutions in relation to licensing and authorization issues in Hong Kong
- Advising a private bank on the regulatory aspects of the launch of investment products in Hong Kong
- Advising a number of major financial institutions on investigations conducted by the HKMA
- Advising a leading Bitcoin exchange on the regulatory treatment of Bitcoins and in relation to anti-money laundering matters
- Advising a leading US broker-dealer in respect of regulatory issues relating to a swap execution facility
- Advising a number of domestic and international banks in respect of regulatory issues relating to the supervision by the HKMA (including licensing, change of controlling shareholders and reporting obligations)
- Advising a Hong Kong listed financial institution with its headquarters in the PRC in relation to a proposed hybrid capital issuance for regulatory capital purposes
- Advising a European bank on the restructuring of its Hong Kong branch
- Advising a number of entities in relation to money lenders' licensing issues in Hong Kong
- Advising a number of financial institutions on jurisdictional regulatory reviews
- Advising an Australian financial services provider on Hong Kong regulations regarding leveraged foreign exchange trading
Advising a New Zealand company on the regulatory aspects of a proposed ICO
Advising a US technology company on the implementation of a blockchain-assisted FX settlement system
Advising a global financial institution on an online trade finance platform.
Advising financial institutions and start-ups on payment services
Advising a number of financial institutions in relation to licensing and authorization issues in Hong Kong, including in relation to banking licences, applications for licensing by the SFC, as money brokers and as money service operators
Advising the National Council for Social Security and China Southern Fund Management on all aspects of their investment management needs conducted out of Hong Kong, including investment management agreements and transition management agreements
Advising Northern Trust on all aspects of its business in Hong Kong, including client documentation, China Connect and deal execution
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales 2003
- Solicitor, qualified in Hong Kong 2009
Welcome to the tenth edition of Global asset management quarterly..
September 04, 2018
Welcome to the ninth edition of Global asset management quarterly..
May 17, 2018