Dr. Klaus Bader is a corporate lawyer based in Munich and head of the Munich Corporate M&A team and the European Energy team.
Klaus has wide experience in domestic and international M&A and PE transactions and corporate reorganisations with a strong focus on the energy and infrastructure sector. He works for private equity and infrastructure funds, utilities and the asset managers of major insurance companies.
He frequently advises on Sino-German cross-border transactions. As a native Italian speaker, he also advises on cross-border M&A and PE transactions between Germany and Italy.
Klaus became a partner in 2008. Before joining the practice in 2005, he worked for a reputable German audit and tax advice firm, where he focused on financial due diligence reviews and tax structuring in the context of M&A transactions.
Klaus was admitted to the German bar in 2000 and qualified as a German certified tax advisor (Steuerberater) in 2003. He holds a doctoral degree in law (summa cum laude) and wrote his thesis on comparative German and Italian stock corporation law. Klaus is the author of various publications on energy, corporate and tax matters.
Klaus is a member of the International Fiscal Association (IfA). He is a native speaker of both German and Italian and is fluent in English.
- Advising GE Capital on its equity investment in the 400 MW offshore wind farm project Merkur and subsequent negotiations with further equity sponsors – European Renewables Deal of the Year 2016 (Project Finance International)
- Advising Swiss utility Swisspower Renewables on the acquisition and refinancing of a German operating onshore wind portfolio of 150 MWp from Acciona Energia including the acquisition of the asset management company.
- Advising insurance group Signal Iduna on the acquisition of a 100 MW onshore wind portfolio.
- Advising Munich RE on the acquisition of two wind park portfolios with a total capacity of 130 MW.
- Advising Allianz Global Investors on the acquisition of two PV parks in Northern Italy.
- Advising the Luxembourg based energy supplier Enovos International on the establishment of an international joint venture in the photovoltaics sector with a focus on Europe.
- Advising Energie 360°AG on the acquisition of a minority share in electricity trading company Polarstern.
- Advising Smart Energy Innovationsfonds (SEIF) on its venture capital investments in Luftmeister and Voltstorage.
- Advising leading water treatment company Aweco Appliance Systems on the sale of its business to Zhejiang Sanhua.
- Advising Perusa Partners Fund on the acquisition of a majority participation in premium motorcycle helmet manufacturer Schuberth.
- Advising Chinese PV module manufacturer Astronergy on the acquisition of the production site of Conergy in Frankfurt Oder from the insolvency administrator.
- Advising Matica Group on the cross-border reorganisation of their German and Italian business listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
- Advising Boursorama on the acquisition of the German customer base of Nordnet Bank.
- Advising CACEIS in relation to the acquisition of the securities services business of HVB.
- Rechtsanwalt, Steuerberater
Am 9. März 2017 findet in unserem Büro in München der 8. Norton Rose Fulbright Renewables Day statt. .
9. März 2017
We are hosting the first Munich edition of the unconventional funding conference Capital On Stage on Thursday, December 8..
December 8, 2016
Eine Studie von Norton Rose Fulbright, Berenberg, BayernLB und Hypoport.
May 05, 2017
What is new about the support scheme for renewable energy in Germany?.
April 07, 2017
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has advised subsidiaries of STRABAG and RAG on their joint acquisition of Geoenergie Bayern Projekt Garching a. d. Alz GmbH & Co. KG..
June 20, 2017
Survey by Norton Rose Fulbright, Berenberg, BayernLB and Hypoport on new wind auctions and strategic options for investors and manufacturers .
May 18, 2017