Orlando is a disputes and investigations lawyer based in Dubai.
As a former US federal prosecutor (Assistant US Attorney) and Foreign Resident Legal Advisor for the US Department of Justice, Orlando heads our firm's Middle East Regulation and Investigations practice.
Orlando has extensive experience representing clients in dispute resolution, including international arbitration; in internal, government, and cross-border investigations; in civil, criminal, and regulatory compliance, including global anti-bribery and anti-corruption and fraud prevention; in international criminal matters; and in asset tracing and recovery.
Orlando has represented clients (individual, corporate, and governmental) before numerous arbitration panels; the Dubai International Financial Centre, the Dubai World Tribunal, and the Dubai International Arbitration Centre; US federal and state trial and appellate courts; a US Congressional committee; US federal, state, and local legislative and administrative bodies; and international tribunals and commissions.
Orlando's experience spans a wide variety of industries, including energy; transport, infrastructure, mining, and commodities; financial institutions, funds, and insurance; government; life sciences and healthcare; manufacturing; real estate; retail and hotels; and technology and innovation.
For two years in a row, Orlando has received the Band 1 distinction in the Chambers Global rankings for his expertise in corporate investigations. The guide noted that he is "commended by peers for his experience in investigation matters".
- Responsible for several multi-million dollar disputes before the Dubai World Tribunal and Dubai International Arbitration Centre on behalf of Dubai's largest developer.
- Conducting significant internal corporate investigations in Afghanistan, Angola, Egypt, India, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and the United States on behalf of several large multinational companies.
- Responsible for compliance and remediation programs for several multinational companies throughout the Middle East, Africa, Eastern Europe, and India.
- Providing compliance advice and training for numerous large multinational clients, including several companies in healthcare, oil-and-gas, cosmetics-beauty-luxury, logistics, banking, and telecommunications.
- Assisting two Central Asian governments in major asset-tracing and recovery matters
The anti-bribery and corruption landscape in Spain is changing..
May 15, 2017
Our aim is to update you on recent UAE legal and regulatory changes which may be of significance to your business..
March 27, 2017