Sean is a corporate partner in Norton Rose Fulbright's London office.
Sean focuses on the communications, media, technology and life sciences sectors. He is the global co-chair of Norton Rose Fulbright's technology international business group and leads our global distributed ledger and blockchain practice group.
Sean has experience of a broad range of international corporate matters including, public and private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity buy-outs and venture capital and growth equity investments.
Many of Sean’s clients are headquartered outside Europe and he has advised on wide range of cross-border transactions. He is very familiar with the unique legal and practical issues that these transactions present.
- ValueAct Capital on its £1.2 billion consortium bid with CVC Capital Partners for Misys Plc, the banking software provider.
- Symphony Technology Group on its £99.6m recommended bid for Kewill plc, the trade and logistics software provider.
- IRIS Software Group on the acquisition of Cascade Human Resources Limited, a leading provider of HR and payroll solutions.
- Kleiner Perkins and Institutional Venture Partners on several rounds of investment in Shazam Entertainment Limited, the smartphone-based music identification service.
- NetScout Systems, Inc. on the acquisition of Psytechnics, a leading provider of performance management technology.
- Scottish Equity Partners and management on the £39.4m sale of Control Circle, a provider of complex managed hosting and cloud-based services, to Alternative Networks Plc.
- Oracle Systems Corporation on the acquisition of Advanced Visual Technologies Limited.
- SuccessFactors on the European aspects of its $3.4 billion sale to SAP.
- Barloworld on the sale of its Barloworld Logistics supply chain software division to LLamasoft, Inc.
- Tiger Global Management on its investment in Alex & Alexa, the online retailer of luxury brands for children.
- The shareholders of Progenitor Labs, a regenerative medicine company, on a £4m investment by SR One, GlaxoSmithKline’s corporate venture fund.
- CGI on the sale of its rFrame regulatory reporting product suite to Wolters Kluwer.
- NYSE Technologies on the acquisition of Metabit, a leading Tokyo based provider of high performance market access products throughout Japan and Asia.
- NGEN Partners as lead investor in a $12 million investment in nlyte Software Limited.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
What does the future hold?.
October 18, 2017
Interest in distributed ledgers, blockchain and smart contracts has grown dramatically over the past 2 years..
May 23, 2017
Artificial Intelligence has huge potential to bring accuracy, efficiencies, cost savings and speed to a whole range of formerly human activities and to provide entirely new insights into market and customer behaviour..
August 04, 2017
As a sector, the insurance industry is particularly well placed to benefit from distributed ledger technology and applications enabled by it, such as smart contracts..
July 26, 2017
As a sector, the insurance industry is particularly well placed to benefit from distributed ledger technology and applications enabled by it, such as smart contracts.
April 25, 2017
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright and technology innovation firm R3 have issued a white paper that explores whether smart contracts have legally binding contractual effect and the related issue of their legal enforceability..
November 21, 2016