Our multi-disciplinary real estate team has in-depth experience acting for lenders and borrowers on the full range of equity and debt financing structures widely used in the real estate sector. We regularly provide advice on senior and mezzanine loans, tax structured investments, fund formation, real estate M&A, debt restructuring and workouts, securitisation, loan portolio sales and Shariah compliant products.
We have experience acting for a wide range of clients including international commercial and mortgage banks, real estate corporations, developers, alternative debt providers and real estate investors including private equity, sovereign wealth and pension funds. This enables us to provide clients with the full benefit of our experience acting on all sides of a transaction.
With a global team based across our offices in Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia, we are well positioned to deliver an integrated service to clients across all major real estate markets.
Our areas of work include
- domestic and cross-border senior debt financings
- mezzanine and other subordinated debt structures
- commercial and residential development financings
- Shariah-compliant investment and development financings
- public and private real estate investment funds and joint ventures
- loan portfolio sales and secondary market debt acquisitions
- commercial and residential mortgage backed securitisations.
Our recent experience
- Advising a joint venture backed by SP Setia Berhad, Sime Darby Berhad and the Employees Provident Fund of Malaysia on the £790m financing for the development of Battersea Power Station in London.
- Advising Gatehouse Bank on a Murabaha facility to refinance a French finance lease on a property located in the Paris suburbs.
- Advising American Realty Global Trust on the finance aspects of its purchase of the RWE headquarters in Essen, Germany.
- Advising Eurobank Properties REIC on its share capital increase.
- Advising Williams on the project financing for the construction and operation of the world’s largest gas compression plant.
- Advising the lenders to a bidding consortium on their tender for the contract to design, construct, finance, operate and maintain multi-purpose office space facilities near the central train station in the Dutch city Utrecht.