Our global real estate practice has a prominent track record advising on some of the most high-profile real estate developments throughout the world.
We guide developers, financiers, contractors, consultants and public bodies through all aspects of development. Every development poses new and varied challenges. Our experience covers planning and environmental law matters, real estate finance, tax, construction and disputes, giving us a deep understanding of the key issues faced by our clients.
Our areas of work include
- development financing
- dispute resolution
- environmental issues
Our recent experience
- Advising a Middle East sovereign wealth fund on a mixed-use real estate development project in Shanghai, including providing due diligence advice, drafting the partnership agreement, attending contract negotiations and advising on related legal issues.
- Advising Corio, one of the largest listed retail property investors and managers in Europe, on the acquisition of the development rights for the extension of the Marghera shopping centre in Venice, Italy.
- Advising De Lecca Group on a new hotel development in Caracas, Venezuela, including corporate finance and tax matters relating to the purchase, financing construction and operation of the 120 room hotel.
- Advising IKEA on the development and subsequent occupation of a one million sq ft warehouse distribution centre located in Dubai Logistics City. The project was procured on a build-to-suit basis with IKEA entering into an agreement with a joint venture between Gulf Resources Development and Investment LLC and Dubai Aviation City Corporation to develop the distribution centre to IKEA’s specification.
- Advising BMW AG on all real estate aspects (including the turn key development contract) related to the development of their new showroom in Amsterdam.
- Advising OJSC Rusnamo on the real estate aspects of a number of projects, including the establishment of two technology centres in central Russia and the establishment and operation of joint ventures to produce semiconductors and medical products.
- Advising DP World on its £1.5bn development of London Gateway into the UK’s largest newly opened container port, alongside the largest logistics park in Europe.
- Advising the City of Austin on a multi-phase public private partnership with a conservancy to develop and operate 28 acres of public facilities and parkland along the largest urban creek in the US, including advising on the drafting and negotiation of a development agreement to design, finance, develop, construct, operate and manage the district.