Our real estate team advises on a broad spectrum of high-profile acquisitions and disposals spanning all major real estate asset classes. As real estate transactions grow in complexity and clients increasingly require cross-border advice, our international real estate practice provides the experience, skills and global platform necessary to deliver multi-jurisdictional support to clients.
Knowing our clients’ industries and understanding what drives their commercial objectives is fundamental to realising their goals. We provide advice tailored to the specific needs of clients across our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Our areas of work include
- asset acquisitions and disposals
- commercial leasing
- joint ventures
- portfolio management.
Our recent experience
- Advising a joint venture backed by SP Setia Berhad, Sime Darby Berhad and Employees Provident Fund on the £400m purchase of the iconic Battersea Power Station.
- Advising Australian real estate investment trust, GPT, and GPT Wholesale Office Fund on the acquisition of the CBW office and retail complex in Melbourne, Australia, for a purchase price of A$608m.
- Advising AGL Energy, a ASX listed integrated energy company and the largest owner, operator and developer of renewable energy generation in Australia, on the sale of Meridian’s interest in the A$1bn, 420 megawatt Macarthur wind farm to Malaysian power company Malakoff.
- Advising Arcelor on complex land and real estate issues related to the acquisition of Chinese state-owned fixed assets, including more than 40,000 square metres of industrial and office buildings.
- Advising mining company Zandor Capital SA Colombia on the acquisition of 47 urban and rural properties in the city of Medellin and other municipalities of the Department of Antioquia.
- Advising the owner on the AED595m sale of a 40 storey tower containing a hotel, food and leisure facilities, and office space, which included advice on the structuring of the sale, the drafting and negotiation of the sale and purchase agreement, and liaising with the relevant regulatory authorities.
- Advising Rockworth Asset Management on the acquisition of two retail shopping centres in Perth.