“The general counsel of an Indian aviation company used the firm for a matter that ended in a favourable settlement, and praises the “brilliance, perseverance, strategic and timely advice of the star team.” The source adds, “I hope we never have to ever fight any battle of this nature, but if we did, hell would have to freeze over before we instructed anyone else other than this stupendous team”
Global Arbitration Review, 2014
International arbitration is a global practice. Numerous jurisdictions and legal systems can intersect in one international arbitration proceeding.
“The team's core strengths lie in the energy and infrastructure sectors, where it represents notable clients such as Baker Hughes, Noble Energy, Total, and Yukos Oil. Its young and dynamic team of lawyers are routinely appointed as arbitrators on a range of energy-related disputes” Chambers Global, 2014
At Norton Rose Fulbright, we have dispute resolution lawyers in every major jurisdiction across the globe. We can advise seamlessly on questions of enforcement in one jurisdiction, procedure in another, and the application of substantive law in a third.
Our international arbitration group operates as a global team, regardless of the geographic location of each individual and is ranked by Global Arbitration Review as one of the top ten arbitration teams in the world.
We combine 20 years of international arbitration experience with a commercial approach to offer our clients the very best chance of determining their disputes promptly, efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Experience in all aspects of international arbitration, from commercial arbitrations to investment treaty arbitrations.
- A dedicated team to drive the international arbitration process and produce a winning strategy.
- Experienced advocates, entirely comfortable arguing in arbitration proceedings who will oversee the whole dispute from start to final award.
- A commercial approach from a team that will promote appropriate settlement opportunities and whose experience in mediation and negotiation is second to none.
Our areas of work include
- Representing clients in international commercial arbitrations, both in ad hoc proceedings and under all institutional rules.
- Appearing as arbitrators in international arbitrations.
- Representing clients in investment treaty arbitration proceedings.
- Advising clients on the scope of arbitration agreements and enforcement of arbitration awards across the globe.
Read more about our international arbitration experience