Our team of patent professionals provides owners with a single, coherent patent management service across all stages of the innovation lifecycle and in multiple jurisdictions. As part of our global intellectual property practice with more than 250 lawyers worldwide, we provide strategic advice across our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Our team understands the importance of patents to the continued growth and success of clients’ business goals. We combine a thorough understanding of the technical complexities underpinning patents with the business acumen necessary to assist clients with the acquisition, commercialisation and enforcement of patent rights.
Our areas of work include
- patent applications
- patent portfolio management
- patent filing strategies
- patent acquisitions
- patent technology assignment and licensing
- technology transfer
- patent enforcement, dispute resolution and litigation.
Our recent experience
- Advising Aeterna Zentaris on a pharmaceutical cross-border patent and know-how licence to Sinopharm involving a portfolio of patents.
- Advising a global medical technology company on a claim for the declaration of non-infringement concerning a German patent.
- Advising a Japanese construction company on the enforcement of a European patent relating to multi-head weighers and defending the patent before the German Federal Patent Court and the Federal Court of Justice.
- Representing Sasol North America in a patent and trade secret lawsuit arising from the construction of a US$20bn project in the US.