For many companies, brands are their most valuable business assets. Our global intellectual property team handles all aspects of trademark law, including clearing, obtaining, enforcing and licensing trademarks. In a global marketplace, we help clients to maximize the value in their brands and strengthen their brand identity.
We provide seamless and coordinated advice on brand portfolio management and protection globally, as well as on transactional matters involving trademarks. We also have extensive experience in the enforcement of trademark rights against infringement, dilution and counterfeiting, and related litigation.
Our international coverage means we are well placed to assist clients in administering a single, coherent patent and brand policy worldwide. We have experience of working across regions, and can provide a comprehensive approach to managing risk across multiple jurisdictions.
- Experience and depth of knowledge of an IP boutique combined with the capabilities of a full service global legal practice.
- A global intellectual property team spanning five continents, with professionals practising in Australia, Africa, Asia, Canada, Europe and the United States.
Our areas of work include
- domestic and international portfolio management, including clearance, opinions, prosecution and overall strategy
- transactions and licensing
- policing, including and anti-counterfeiting
- trademark opposition, cancellation and removal proceedings
- litigation and alternative dispute resolution
- internet, domain and social media issues.
Our recent experience
- Advising Prudential plc on enforcement matters arising from the protection of Prudential and Pru brands from web based and other infringements.
- Advising global dairy business Murray Goulburn Co-operative Co. Limited on the global management of its trademark portfolio.
- Advising Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) in a trademark infringement action against the Royal Bank of Scotland related entities in connection with RBC’s Royal, Bank, RBC and Royal Bank of Canada marks.
- Representing Nestlé Health Science-Pamlab and Breckenridge Pharmaceutical in a case involving false advertising claims brought under the Lanham (Trademark) Act.