Our global mining group is internationally recognised as a leading legal practice in the sector, providing tailored advice to prominent players in the mining industry. Based in offices across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia, we are able to provide a team of lawyers from multiple practice areas who offer a wealth of experience in acting on mining transactions in every major mining region in the world.
We act for a range of major international financial institutions, mining houses and global corporate leaders who value our experience in the sector and our ability to provide local market knowledge when needed. Our market-leading reputation has enabled us to advise on some of the industry’s largest and most innovative mining transactions and we are particularly well known for our work in leveraged finance deals for mining developments, including complex syndications.
We also have a leading reputation in joint ventures, debt finance, equity capital markets, climate change and dispute resolution in the sector. Our team can guide you through the regulatory constraints that affect the mining industry around the globe and are able to secure the necessary licensing and consents for your most critical mining transactions.
- global resources and track record.
- unrivalled experience in the international mining sector and in emerging markets.
- transactional, regulatory and contentious capabilities.
Our areas of work include
- accessing Chinese finance
- alternative mining finance (including streaming & royalties)
- debt finance
- deep sea mining
- development finance (project finance)
- dispute resolution
- commodity finance
- climate change and environment
- equity capital markets
- ECA & DFI experience
- FSA and derivatives
- joint ventures
- licensing and consents
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining infrastructure
- mining safety and investigations
- offtake arrangements
- tax & structuring.
As a leading international mining disputes practice, we have extensive knowledge of the mining sector and a thorough understanding of the issues faced by industry players.
More information on our mining disputes team.
Deep sector knowledge
Our global mining extranet contains key know-how materials for our clients in the mining sector on a range of topics including: top ten guides to mining in various jurisdictions across the world; briefing guides on alternative financing sources for mining companies; finding strategic partners; corporate governance; feasibility and construction; and M&A and finance. Learn more about the global mining extranet.
Awards and accolades
- Ranked Band 1 Chambers Global 2015 for Mining & Minerals
- Projects, energy and natural resources: Firm of the year – Legal 500 UK 2014 Awards
- Global Mining Law Firm of the Year 2014, 2013, 2012, Who’s Who Legal Awards
- International Law Firm of the Year 2013, Trophées du Droit
- Law Firm of the Year: Africa 2012, Chambers Global