Our client base ranges from international commodity and agricultural producers, traders, banks and financial institutions involved in the commodities sector who value our unique product experience and industry strength, particularly in relation to agriculture, minerals and metals, and energy (oil and gas).
Our international commodities team is based across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia. Our global reach means that we are ideally placed to meet your business needs in an international capacity, and enables us to adapt to this constantly evolving industry by allowing us to remain up to speed on changes being made in the sector, worldwide.
We have considerable experience with commodity and trade associations, including GATFA (The Grain and Feed Trade Association), RSA/SAL (The Refined Sugar Association/The Sugar Association of London) and FOSFA International (Federation of Oils, Seeds and Fats Associations), and as such are familiar with all trade associations’ standard contract terms, which is imperative in this industry.
- global reach with experience in emerging and transitional markets.
- long standing industry experience in agriculture, mining and metals, and energy.
- multi-jurisdictional capability in major trade and export finance deals.
- a successful track record in related dispute resolution.
- familiarity with important international trade associations and regulations.
Our areas of work include
- trade and export finance
- dispute resolution (including charterparties, cargo and bills of lading, insurance claims, ship interests and affreightment disputes)
- WTO and international trade.
Awards and accolades
- GTR - Number 1 in Best Law Firm Poll 2014
- Global trade finance law firm of the Year, 2013, 2012, 2011, Trade Finance Magazine
- Best Trade Finance Law Firm in Sub-Saharan Africa 2013, Global Trade Review
- Best global commodity/trade finance law firm 2013, Trade Finance Magazine
- Best Commodity Trade Finance Law Firm 2012, Trade Finance Awards