We represent the full spectrum of industry players, including companies involved in agribusiness and food production, processing and distribution (including seed makers); agrichemicals manufacturers; food producers; processors of agricultural commodities; manufacturers of precision farming equipment; alternative fuel producers; soft commodities traders; and financial institutions.
Our lawyers share agribusiness industry knowledge and experience across borders, enabling us to support our clients anywhere in the world.
We advise agribusinesses on all aspects of their operations, including domestic and foreign investment acquisitions, initial public offerings, joint ventures, scientific cooperation agreements and R&D contracts, international trade, land matters and technology licensing.
Our soft commodities team has established a leading reputation in emerging and transitional markets. We have extensive experience in the financing of the production, export, transport and warehousing of a vast range of soft commodities including tobacco, coffee, cocoa, sugar, grains and edible oils, paper, cotton, textiles and carbon credits.
- knowledge of soft commodities in emerging and transitional markets.
- extensive experience of international trade and WTO related issues.
- an in depth understanding of operational issues drawn from a client base operating at the downstream (production) level, the upstream (refining) level and the transport and trading levels.
Awards and Accolades
- Best global commodity/trade finance law firm 2013, Trade Finance Magazine
- Best Trade Finance Law Firm in Sub-Saharan Africa 2013, Global Trade Review