We have one of the largest global energy practices in the world, with more than 900 lawyers servicing the energy industry across all practice areas in every major and developing energy market.
“Possesses a wealth of experience in international projects and continues to be prized by clients for its extensive global coverage.” Chambers Global, 2017
It is our breadth of experience, combined with our strength in multiple disciplines, that enables us to provide our clients with truly commercial and balanced legal advice.
It is our priority to anticipate change within the energy industry. We continue to support industry innovation as our clients push the boundaries of both technological and geographical advancement, from the largest and most advanced renewable energy projects in the world to the exploration of new frontiers.
Our areas of work include
- Oil and gas
- Power and utilities
Awards and accolades
- Project Finance International (PFI) Awards, Global Multilateral Deal of the Year: Egypt Solar (Advised a consortium of lenders led by International Finance Corporation on the US$653m financing of 13 solar power projects in Egypt which will form part of the Benban Solar Park. Once complete, it will be the largest solar installation in the world.), Thomson Reuters, 2017
- Project Finance International (PFI) Awards, Americas Power Deal of the Year: AES Southland (Advised a consortium of lenders on an approximately US$2.3bn financing for the 1,394MW Southland repowering project in Southern California sponsored by the AES Corporation.), Thomson Reuters, 2017
- Project Finance International (PFI) Awards, Americas P3 Deal of the Year: Fort McMurray West (Advised the Alberta Electric System Operator on the development and implementation of P3 contracts relating to the design, build, ownership, operation and maintenance of a 500kV, 500KM, C$1.65bn transmission line, the largest public-private financing ever completed in Canada.), Thomson Reuters, 2017
- Project Finance International (PFI) Awards, Asia-Pacific Petchem Deal of the Year: Pengerang Terminal 2 (Advised a consortium of nine lenders on a US$1.25bn financing for the development of a 1.65 million cubic meter oil storage terminal to support a large integrated refinery complex in Johor, Malaysia sponsored by PETRONAS, Vopak and Dialog.), Thomson Reuters, 2017
- Project Finance International (PFI) Awards, Middle East and Africa Power Deal of the Year: Sweihan (Advised Marubeni Corporation and JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd in relation to the US$ 900m financing for the Sweihan IPP (independent power project) in Abu Dhabi.), Thomson Reuters, 2017
- Project Finance International (PFI) Awards, Middle East and Africa Renewables Deal of the Year: DEWA Solar (Advising the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority on its 800MW solar PV multi-phase project, the third phase of the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park. DEWA will develop the project alongside partners Masdar and EDF.), Thomson Reuters, 2017