Our global pensions team advises clients on all types of registered and unregistered pension arrangements. We focus on key issues from a client perspective and provide pragmatic and cost-effective solutions to increasingly complex legal and regulatory requirements governing pensions law.
We cover all aspects of pensions law, including regulatory compliance, pensions scheme mergers, the establishment of new pension arrangements. Our international reach enables us to assist clients with offshore and third country national plans, as well as in multijurisdictional corporate transactions.
Our areas of work include
- defined benefit arrangements
- defined contribution and hybrid arrangements
- pension scheme documentation
- pensions regulatory issues
- pension scheme mergers
- dispute resolution
- international pensions
- acquisitions and disposals.
Our recent experience
- Advising OpenText Corporation on its acquisition of Cordys Holding and its subsidiaries, which involved the complex process of harmonisation of employment conditions (including pensions).
- Advising Invensys Pension Trustee Limited on a series of transactions including a £1.74bn sale, with a payment of £625m to the pension scheme. The transaction involved the establishment of a reservoir trust and the apportionment of the liability of a departing employer, for which clearance was obtained from the Pensions regulator.
- Advising B&N Bank on its acquisition of a Russian non-state pension fund with total managed assets exceeding US$375m from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.