Our global employment and labour team has extensive experience of all aspects of workforce mobility, ensuring business owners and executives are provided with the best immigration strategies to achieve a smooth, successful transition.
A global workforce requires timely solutions to ensure employees feel at home in their country of assignment. We combine detailed knowledge of local regulatory provisions with the international of a global legal practice, enabling us to fully manage clients’ cross-border issues wherever they arise.
We provide practical, commercial solutions to issues associated with business immigration across our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology; and life sciences and healthcare. Our comprehensive service covers the full range of immigration matters, including work permits, visas, study permits, permanent resident status and citizenship.
Our areas of work include
- employee benefits and taxation
- immigration and visa requirements
- applications for permanent resident status and citizenship
- employer sanctions and compliance
Our recent experience
- Advising an independent energy company in relation to international employment assignments for a project in the United States, including advice on US immigration law.
- Advising a telecommunications provider on all Canadian, US and global immigration matters including developing including developing mobility policies, strategies for temporary and permanent employment, and advising on immigration implications in M&A transactions.