We have one of the longest histories of any legal practice in the field, advising significant numbers of major banks, finance providers, export credit agencies, corporate and sovereign entities, and other participants in the global banking and finance arena.
“Extremely professional and diligent. They follow up on everything. Really a pleasure to work with.” Chambers Global 2017
We advise across the full spectrum of banking and finance matters, acting for all parties, from multinational lenders to growth corporations. As well as advising on day-to-day banking and finance issues for issuers, underwriters, borrowers and lenders, we are leaders in complex, cross-border banking and finance transactions for the world’s most prominent financial institutions and corporates.
We also bring experience of the full range of debt and equity transactions in the global capital markets, including standalone debt issuances; sukuk; securitisations; covered, convertible, exchangeable, taxable and tax-exempt bonds; MTN/CP programmes; structured products; equity-linked issuances; and public-private partnerships.
We deliver commercially focused advice across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia, and offer particular skill in our key industries: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Our areas of work include
- acquisition and leveraged finance
- asset-based lending
- asset finance
- banking regulatory
- capital markets
- corporate lending
- banking and finance disputes
- Islamic finance
- project finance
- public finance
- real estate finance
- restructuring and insolvency
- telecoms finance
- trade commodity and export finance.
Our recent experience
- Advised the project company, SportsHub Pte Ltd., on the S$1.5bn refinancing of the iconic Singapore Sports & Leisure PPP. This deal won Refinancing Deal of the Year 2015 - IJ Global Asia Pacific.
- Advised a consortium of lenders and financial institutions in relation to the financing of the £2.6bn Beatrice offshore wind farm in Scotland. The senior debt comprised facilities from 13 commercial lenders, along with EKF (Eksport Kredit Fonden) and European Investment Bank.
- Advised the Republic of Angola on its US$1.5bn bond issue. The transaction represents Angola’s debut international bond issuance and is the largest inaugural bond issue by a non-investment grade Sub-Saharan African sovereign to date.
Awards and accolades:
- Transport Finance Firm of the Year - Global Transport Finance 2016
- Ranked first globally for value and volume of project finance deals – IJ Global 2016
- Best Law Firm in Banking - Islamic Finance Law News awards 2015
- Best Law Firm in Takaful and Retakaful - Islamic Finance Law News awards 2015
- Best commodity/trade finance law firm - Trade Finance Awards for Excellence 2015
- Best trade law firm in Asia Pacific - Trade Finance Awards for Excellence 2015
- Best trade law firm EMEA - Trade Finance Awards for Excellence 2015