Our antitrust and competition practice comprises more than 140 lawyers across our offices in Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia, enabling us to provide clients extensive global coverage combined with in-depth local knowledge of markets, laws, regulators and enforcement practices.
As antitrust authorities worldwide step up their cross-border regulatory enforcement measures against mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures, corporations are facing an increasing need for a centralised, coordinated approach to identifying and obtaining antitrust approvals. In addition to our global coverage, we retain strong relationships with leading local law firms, enabling us to provide comprehensive coverage across the merger control regimes of all major antitrust jurisdictions.
Our team includes lawyers who have worked within a number of the world’s leading antitrust and competition regulators, including the European Commission, the US Department of Justice, the US Federal Trade Commission and the UK competition authorities. Clients can draw on our insight and experience at every stage of the merger control process.
- In-depth analysis of the potential antitrust impact and risk of a proposed transaction.
- Efficient, centralised coordination of global and regional merger control filings and approvals.
- Extensive knowledge of structuring compliant transactions, including joint ventures and strategic alliances.
- A longstanding track record of obtaining multi-jurisdictional clearances and negotiating remedies.
Our areas of work include
- merger control filings and approvals
- pre-merger due diligence
- regulatory approval
- merger investigations
Our recent experience
- Advising BP on its acquisition of Statoil Fuel and Retail Aviation, the largest aviation fuel supplier in Scandinavia, including successfully negotiating a commitments package.
- Advising Delta Air Lines on global merger control and other regulatory issues in the EU, China and South Africa in respect of its joint venture with Virgin Atlantic.
- Advising Life Technologies Corporation on merger control issues in Australia, Asia, Canada, the EU and South Africa arising from the US$13.6bn acquisition by Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- A global elite top 20 law firm, Global Competition Review, 2014, 2015