Businesses caught up in potential anti-competitive conduct must make difficult decisions quickly. Senior management needs to be provided with clear advice that takes into account the risk of both broader enforcement action by multiple authorities and the risk of follow-on damage claims in any number of jurisdictions. These decisions, including whether to self-report violations to secure immunity from prosecution or to stand fast and defend a case, must be made with confidence.
“Acts for clients on cartel and merger approval matters, as well as offering guidance in relation to a broad range of consumer protection issues.” Chambers Global, 2017
Our lawyers have advised many businesses facing cartels and antitrust investigations around the world, assisting them in making these critical strategic decisions and throughout long investigations and court cases. We understand not only the approach that local authorities take to cases but also the manner in which they coordinate investigations into multijurisdictional conduct, and how this affects businesses under investigation. Our clients receive the benefit of our acknowledged experience in antitrust and competition, business ethics, disputes and litigation and employment law to guide them through the maze of international anti-cartel legislation.
With offices in more than 50 cities worldwide, our global cartel investigations team has considerable experience from a truly global perspective and can advise on investigations throughout Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia and Africa.
Our areas of work include
- Compliance procedures and training
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Employment and labor law
- Cartel investigations and dawn raids
- Regulation and investigations, including criminal investigations and leniency regimes
Awards and accolades
- Global Competition Review, GCR 100: Global Elite: among the top 10 global law firms for antitrust and competition matters, Law Business Research Ltd, 2016
- Chambers Global, China: Competition/Antitrust, Chambers & Partners, 2017
- Chambers Global, UK: Competition Law, Chambers & Partners, 2017
- Chambers Global, South Africa: Competition/Antitrust, Chambers & Partners, 2017
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Competition/Antitrust, Chambers & Partners, 2017
- Chambers USA, Texas: Antitrust (Band 1), Chambers & Partners, 2016
- Best Law Firms, Tier 1 national honors for US Antitrust litigation, US News & World Best and Best Lawyers, 2017
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Leading Firm – Competition law (Montréal, and Toronto), Thompson Reuters Canada Limited, 2016