A core part of our global antitrust and competition practice, our antitrust litigation team includes over 40 dedicated professionals with experience across well-established and emerging centres for antitrust litigation. We combine competition experience with robust and commercially-focused litigation skills. We have a track record of acting in complex, high-value and sensitive competition litigation cases across our key industry sectors: financial services; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
We devise litigation strategies matched to clients’ needs and deploy tactics to ensure clients have the best advantage throughout a dispute and can achieve their strategic commercial goals. Our competition disputes team regularly appears before courts and specialist competition tribunals across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia and Africa, enabling us to offer a joined-up approach to competition disputes worldwide.
Clients can draw on our extensive experience project managing complex, multi-jurisdictional cartel investigations and litigation, assisting them with navigating the legal and logistical issues associated with large volumes of evidence and managing disclosure and discovery risks. Our experienced and well-connected team includes lawyers who have worked within several of the world’s antitrust and competition regulators, including the US Department of Justice, the US Federal Trade Commission, the European Commission and the UK competition authorities.
- Extensive knowledge of antitrust and competition disputes around the world.
- Competition experience combined with robust and commercially-focused litigation skills.
- Deep experience project managing multi-jurisdictional cartel investigations and litigation.
Our areas of work include
- cartel investigations
- civil and criminal investigations
- commercial antitrust disputes
- dawn raids
Our recent experience
- Acting for a financial institution in ongoing litigation in the European and UK courts concerning whether interchange fees set by Mastercard and Visa are in breach of competition law.
- Acting for a major oil & gas company in antitrust litigation concerning allegations that various companies fixed natural gas prices.
- Defending a European utilities company in UK High Court litigation arising from the European Commission’s 2008 decision that established a cartel had operated in Europe in relation to paraffin waxes. The litigation was one of the biggest private competition actions brought before the English courts.
- Advising a manufacturing company in class actions field in two different provinces concerning alleged price-fixing conduct related to gypsum board.
- Acting for ABX Logistics in connection with ongoing freight-forwarding antitrust litigation.
- Assisting several pharmaceutical companies with their interactions with the French Competition authority to prevent litigation against the revision of their allocation and distribution schemes.
- Acting for a global telecommunications company, in respect of follow-on damages claims for cartel conduct arising from the smart chip cartel decision by the European Commission.
- A global elite top 20 law firm, Global Competition Review, 2014, 2015