Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has today announced 45 promotions worldwide, including 41 partners and four promotions to the South African equivalent of director.
The promotions are being made across nine of Norton Rose Fulbright’s global practice groups: corporate, M&A and securities (13); dispute resolution and litigation (13); intellectual property (5) banking and finance (4); employment and labour (3); real estate (3); regulation and investigations (2); financial restructuring and insolvency (1) and tax (1).
Female partners account for 40 per cent of the promotions globally (18 out of 45 promotions).
Peter Martyr, global chief executive commented:
“I am delighted to welcome the newest generation of partners and directors who will play a key role in the future development of the business. These promotions underline our ongoing investment and commitment to our industry strengths and practice areas. As we continue to grow globally these individuals will further support our clients and our own global ambitions. Congratulations to all.”
Details of the global partner promotions are below.
Australia (effective January 1, 2017)
- Matthew Ellis (dispute resolution and litigation, Melbourne)
- James Morris (banking and finance, Sydney)
- Jyoti Singh (corporate, M&A and securities, Melbourne)
Canada (effective January 1, 2017)
- Michael Bolitho (real estate, Calgary)
- James O’Sullivan (corporate, M&A and securities, Calgary)
- Elizabeth Williams (intellectual property, Calgary)
- Charles A Foucreault (Dispute resolution and Litigation, Montreal)
- Jamie Macdonald (Dispute resolution and Litigation, Ottawa)
- Peter MacTavish (employment and labour, Ottawa)
- Jean-Sébastien Cloutier (employment and labour, Québec)
- Pierre Duquette (Dispute resolution and Litigation, Québec)
- Jean-Nicolas Prévost (corporate, M&A and securities, Québec)
- Amy Grenon (intellectual property, Toronto)
- Maya Medeiros (intellectual property, Toronto)
- Michael Torrance (employment and labour, Toronto)
United States (effective January 1, 2017)
- Tamsen Barrett (intellectual property, Austin)
- Paul Conneely (corporate, M&A and securities, Dallas)
- Andrea D’Ambra (dispute resolution and litigation, New York)
- Cori Annapolen Goldberg (regulation and investigations, New York)
- Benjamin Koplin (regulation and investigations, Austin)
- Celeste Lawton (tax, Houston)
- Jarrett Reed (real estate, Dallas)
- Eagle Robinson (intellectual property, Austin)
- Katherine Tapley (real estate, San Antonio)
- Will Troutman (dispute resolution and litigation, Los Angeles)
- Greg Wilkes (financial restructuring and insolvency, Dallas)
South Africa (effective April 1, 2017)
- Raynold Tlhavani (dispute resolution and litigation, Johannesburg)
- Peter Lamb (dispute resolution and litigation, Durban)
- Riccardo Petersen (dispute resolution and litigation, Johannesburg)
- Daniel Breier (dispute resolution and litigation, Cape Town)
Europe (effective May 1, 2017)
- Nicholas Berry (corporate, M&A and securities, London)
- Heiko Bertelmann (corporate, M&A and securities, Hamburg)
- Victoria Birch (corporate, M&A and securities, London)
- Charlotte Henry (corporate, M&A and securities, London)
- Noleen John (corporate, M&A and securities, London)
- Neha Khosla (banking and finance, London)
- Claire O’Donnell (corporate, M&A and securities, London)
- Christoph Ritzer (dispute resolution and litigation, Frankfurt)
- Holly Stebbing (dispute resolution and litigation, London)
- Andrew Wood (banking and finance, London)
Middle East (effective May 1, 2017)
- Adjou Ait Ben Idir (corporate, M&A and securities, Dubai)
Asia (effective May 1, 2017)
- Vicky Lam (corporate, M&A and securities, Hong Kong)
- David Milligan (banking and finance, Hong Kong)
- Doris Ng (corporate, M&A and securities, Hong Kong)
- Peter Glover (dispute resolution and litigation, Hong Kong)*
* Date of relocation from London to be confirmed. Subject to regulatory approval.
For more information please contact:
Heledd Phelps-Brown, Head of PR
Tel: +44 (0)20 7444 2890; Mob: Mob: +44 77 0297 1352
Alex Boxsell, Senior Brand & External Communications Manager
Tel +61 2 9330 8165
Chantal Ouimet, Media Relations Manager
Tel: +1 (514) 847-4349
Dan McKenna, Director of PR and Marketing Communications
Tel: +1 (713) 651-3576
Nico Olwagen, Chief Business Development Marketing Officer
Tel: +27 11 685 8662
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global law firm. We provide the world’s preeminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 3500 lawyers and other legal staff based in more than 50 cities across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Norton Rose Fulbright will combine with Chadbourne & Parke, a leading international law firm, during the second quarter of 2017. Norton Rose Fulbright's expanded practice will have more than 1000 lawyers in the US and 4000 lawyers worldwide.
Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss verein, helps coordinate the activities of Norton Rose Fulbright members but does not itself provide legal services to clients. Norton Rose Fulbright has offices in more than 50 cities worldwide, including London, Houston, Toronto, Sydney and Johannesburg.
For more information, see nortonrosefulbright.com/legal-notices.