We are pleased to present our technology and innovation international legal conference at the Rosewood Hotel in Menlo Park on Thursday November 15, 2018.
Focusing on the global legal and regulatory issues that businesses in the technology sector face, this half day conference qualifies for 4.5 Participatory CLE credits in California, including 1 credit in the recognition and elimination of bias.
The informative, interactive sessions will be presented by leading technology lawyers from across Norton Rose Fulbright’s global team as well as external industry specialists.
||Registration and breakfast
||Investing in frontier markets
Our panellists from Latin America, Africa and Asia will discuss
- Investment trends in their markets
- Strategies for sourcing opportunities and supervising portfolio companies
- Navigating local regulatory requirements
- Protecting IP
- Labor law compliance
Speakers: Mario Piana, Raj Karia, Barbara Li.
||National security: impact on transactions and acquisitions
This session will consider the impact of rising national security concerns and international relations on M&A and investments in the technology sector, including
- CIFIUS and its equivalents in other jurisdictions
- International sanctions
- Tariffs and free trade agreements
Speakers: Lior Nuchi, Kim Caine, Glenn Hall, Barbara Li, Martin Masse
||CCPA, GDPR, ePrivacy and beyond: the influence of privacy & data on deals
Our panellists from Europe, US and Asia will cover
- Privacy considerations at the due diligence phase
- The key limits on use of target’s personal data by the buyer
Speakers: Jeewon Serrato, Marcus Evans, Nick Abrahams, Barbara Li
||Cross-border M&A: getting the deal done
This panel will discuss the cultural and practical considerations of cross-border M&A for US based purchasers, including
- Selecting the right acquisition structure
- Different approaches to disclosure
- Locked-boxes v. completion accounts
- The use of warranty and indemnity insurance
Speakers: Sean Murphy, Lior Nuchi, Nick Abrahams, Barbara Li, Katrin Stieß, Anthony de Fazekas
Due Diligence on diversity and cultural issues in M&A
Speakers: Mario Barrera, Lior Nuchi