Please join our financial services team for an extended briefing looking at Brexit and the implications for the financial services industry.
In addition to members of our global team from key offices in Europe, we will be joined by Dashiell Caldwell, Deputy Director of Financial Services at HM Treasury, and Glenn Hall, who from 2016-18 was Special Advisor to the Rt Hon Greg Clark MP, Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
The EU and the UK continue to negotiate the withdrawal agreement. While progress has been made, important issues remain unresolved leading both sides to increase their preparations for a no-deal, hard Brexit scenario. For example, recently the UK Government published the draft statutory instrument regarding its much anticipated temporary permissions regime. In addition,political agreement on financial services regulation post Brexit continues to be elusive with some commentators warning of the possibility of a ‘blind Brexit’ where the UK leaves the EU with no certainty over what the future relationship will look like.
Topics will include
- Recent developments regarding the negotiations on the future EU/UK relationship.
- What we are seeing in the market in terms of Brexit activity - banks, buy-side and sell-side.
- The Government’s proposal for the future UK-EU relationship in financial services, as set out in the White Paper of July 12 – Dashiell Caldwell, HM Treasury.
- A view from Europe – a panel discussion on the impact of Brexit across Europe, namely France, Germany, Luxembourg, Amsterdam and Ireland.
- External perspectives on the process – Glenn Hall, Special Advisor to the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (2016-2018).
The briefings count towards SRA continuing competence. There is no charge for attending.
The briefings will be recorded via webcast and are available after the briefing.
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org