Interest in cryptocurrencies has continued to grow despite recent price volatility.
As cryptocurrency becomes a more widely accepted and established payment mechanism, we have seen an increase in interest from investment banks and other financial institutions that are considering how, and to what extent, they could - or should - incorporate cryptocurrency into their business models.
At the same time, we have seen continued enthusiasm for initial coin offerings (ICOs), a mode of crowdfunding via use of cryptocurrency, from start-ups that view them as an innovative alternative source of financing. In recent months we have also seen increased scrutiny of ICOs from regulators.
We invite you to join our seminar which will explore trends in the industry as well as the key legal and regulatory issues that frequently arise in relation to cryptocurrency and ICOs.
- Setting the scene – cryptocurrencies and ICOs in context
Peter McBurney - Consultant, Norton Rose Fulbright and Professor of Computer Science, King's College London
- The evolving regulatory environment
Imogen Garner - Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright
- Panel discussion: Cryptocurrencies – the path to adoption
Chair: Victoria Birch - Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright
- Xen Baynham Herd - Head Of Strategy and Lead Economist, Blockchain
- Tom Robinson - Co-founder and Chief Data Officer, Elliptic
- Zeeshan Feroz - CEO (UK), CoinBase
- Sandra Ro - Former Head of Digitization at CME and Blockchain Entrepreneur
- Panel discussion: ICOs – the future of fundraising?
Chair: Sean Murphy - Global head of blockchain and distributed ledgers, Norton Rose Fulbright
- Jeremy Millar - Chief of Staff, ConsenSys
- Ryan Hanley - VP of Business Development, TokenMarket
- Hannah Meakin - Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright
For more information contact Rebecca Haynes.