The laws applicable to nonprofit organizations are complex and continually evolving. Combined with the regular change of applicable compliance obligations, all nonprofit organizations must ensure that they have appropriate procedures in place to address and comply with these new challenges.
Please join Norton Rose Fulbright and Blazek & Vetterling as we discuss these risk areas for nonprofit organizations.
Topics will include:
- Critical actions to be taken by a board when faced with cybersecurity risks
- Trends in charitable initiatives – for profit organizations, advocacy efforts and unusual charitable structures
- Duties and obligations of governing persons
- Overlooked issues in global philanthropy
- Current trend in standards for nonprofit financial reporting – disclosure of cash flows and operating liquidity
- Using public advocacy as a tool to advance an exempt organization's mission