Co-hosted by Norton Rose Fulbright and BLUE Communications, this panel discussion will address:
- The gap between ships' book value and market value
- Dealing with indebted and unused assets - the key considerations for financiers
- Will banks re-align their books to reflect market value?
- Should scrapping be subsidised?
- Impact of the Hong Kong Convention for the Safe and Environmental Sound Recycling of Ships and the EU Ship Recycling Regulation
Panel chairperson Alisdair Pettigrew, Managing Director of BLUE Communications, will be joined by the following panelists:
- Gust Biesbroeck, Head of Transportation, ABN AMRO N.V.
- Dr Nikos Mikelis, Independent Consultant and Non-executive Director, GMS
- Rick Power, Senior Manager, Green Recycling and IHM Services, Wilhelmsen Ship Management
- Dr Martin Stopford, President, Clarksons
- Michael Jürgen Werner, Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright
Places for this session are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis. If you would like to attend please use the 'RSVP' button.